13 December 2012

Butternut Rav

Yum
Not sure how you feel about your veggies, but I love butternut squash. Back in college, I was in a co-op. Thank you for your condolences. My taste for meat grew because, as a separate community who didn't eat in the dining halls, meat was to expensive. Since we would only have meat on very special occasions, ate out a bunch.
Not only could we not afford meat, we did not recklessly spend on good veggies. In my first year though, a gem in the sea or weird vegetarian foods, was the sweet potato. Needless to say, I feel in love and that's about the only thing I ate.
When I got out of college, I discovered more sophisticated veggies, but with the same taste I came to know and love. Butternut squash tastes like sweet potato but feels more grown-up.



Filling:

¼ Butternut squash
1 egg
2 oz. goat cheese
1 teaspoon Orange Juice
Fresh rosemary leaves

Wonton wrapper

‎1. Bake squash in microwave or roast flesh (if rind is on) on baking sheet.
2. Puree filling ingredients in blender.
3. Spoon filling into wonton wrappers
. About 1 1/2 teaspoons.
4. Seal wonton wrappers by wetting your fingers and 'painting' water around the edges of the raviolis. Carefully pat down tightly seal, so that the filling does not come out.
5. Cook pasta for 8 mins or until they rise. Make sure not to crowd the ravioli or it will stick. Probably about four per pot is the safest.
6. Top with marinara and crumbled goat cheese.
7. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment