28 November 2013

Stuffed Litchi

Yum
I come from at least three foreign service officers; both my grandpa's and my dad. My maternal grandfather was posted to my Asian countries including Korea and Japan and My dad developed a taste for South East Asia.
He was studying India at Berkley and thought a year-long course on South East Asia looked interesting. Also when he was offered a choice of position between Delhi and KL, he took Malaysia because he would get to learn a new language and have more influence.
Needless to say, we have a wide selection of artifacts from all over Asia and a pull to the food. So when Matt and I were going to make a Indonesian dish and my mom needed some other supplies,  we went to a Asian supermarket out in Virginia.
It was about lunch time, so we had lunch at the restaurant baring the same name as the market.  We were browsing the menu when a litchi appetizer caught our collective eye. They were stuffed with pork in sweet chili sauce and the combination of flavors was so refreshing,  we thought we'd make our own for Thanksgiving.
Sweet chili pork stuffed litchi:
1. Cook the pork on stove until mostly done and add cilantro,  salt, black pepper and sweet chili sauce.
2. Stuff in drained litchi.

No comments:

Post a Comment