26 November 2013

Rachelete

Yum
Matt's from Switzerland, so for his birthday we had rachelete. I was incredibly awesome to have a cultural meal of cheese with sweet chilled wine wine. I love melting the cheese just the right way and having it slide from the melting palette onto your food. Its also great to be around a meal, which you have to partially prepare at the table, where you converse with your guests while the cheese melts.
I must admit that, very shocking to me, I actually had trouble with the concept of eating just cheese! So I had mine on new potatoes and spicy lamb sausage. This was all done on a special electric griddle bought on amazon. But, in Switzerland, it is a tradition of males' proving themselves by serving a meal of fire- melted cheese sliced with extreme knife skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment