05 November 2013

An online farmer's market

Yum
 I was a few steps away from the local farmers market in Silver Spring on Saturday morning,  when I decided to stop for a promo girl waiving at me. She was from relayfoods.com, a site that sells local products that can be picked-up or delivered.
As a foodie, I was very excited about this, thinking I would find both local produce and awesome local spreads.  I was right! The local produce is, as always, doubley special because it's local, but kinda triple-ly special because you can get local delivered to your door.  You can get sufficient ingredients elsewhere, but I suggest buying one or two special ingredients from here. They also have bountyboxes and recipe kits.
I ordered Red Raspberry Jam, Regenald's Homemade Apple Cinnamon Peanut Butter,Bourbon Pecan Peanut Butter, local pears, Asian pears, asparagus and sweet potatoes. I have so excited when I went to pick them up in Tackoma Park because the whole downtown area, in addition to what I was doing felt very Obie. Even more nostalgic was the kind of people i encountered handing out the food, the glass milk cartons we always got at the co-op and the free veggies that they had.I got free ginger. I gotta do something with that. Maybe I can do a ginger cookbook so my slogan will be, and I can make-up T-shirts saying, FREE GINGER! Kinda already works. Promoting sharing recipes, spice use, medicinal uses, and the  abundance thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment