01 December 2013

Non-stick pans

Yum

Tony's giving a lot of useful information in Kitchen Confidential,  so go out and obtain it right now! However,  there is one bit of info I put the book down to write about.
If you don't have a non-stick pan, please get one. If u have a non-stick pan, please get a new one (unless you no the secret.) I too will not read instructions, usually I figure things out. Or at least that's what I tell myself. Or a belif that I am slowly letting go of. Also, my eyes don't always track together.
If you get a non-stick pan, don't think wash it, just wipe it down. And don't use metal for gods sake, use wood or ceramic. And make sure it has a thick bottom.
If you are our age and can't afford a lot, that's fine. Spend $100-300 on your kitchen.  A chef's knife, mandolin, offset sarrated knife, thick bottom saute pan and a blender. Tony reccomends Global knifes. Oh, get a sharpener.
Learn knife skills. Tony reccomends Jacque Pepin's La Technique. You should also have good food. If you want that, get a crockpot. Then you can buy cheap, tough meat and just cook it all day. Now go fourth and cook like a pro of the cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment