19 July 2014

Substitute Shortbread

Yum

I did it! Matt pushed me to be healthier, plus i don't want a tummy for the wedding (his sister's), so i made a substitution list. I 5hen got this aborable heart cookie cutter with a cut-out to put on a coffee cup. It came with a recipe for shortbread. I subbed ground oats for flour, honey for sugar and bannanas for butter.

2 cups mashed bananas
1 teaspoon rum extract
1/4 cup honey
4 cups oats

Warning: these cookies taste too healthy.  Matt and I will figure it outn but in the meantime I suggest 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas and 1/2 cup butter or slathing the cookie with jam. Perhaps both.

1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Grind oats in food processor and mash bananas.
3. Mix all together and roll out to disired thickness.
4. Cut and bake 14 mins.

Try this at home

No comments:

Post a Comment